Today’s After Action Analysis focused on the video released today of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia by two men who claim they were seeking to make a citizens arrest on the reasonable belief that Arbery had just committed or attempted a felony.
I mention several statutes and cases in today’s show, and promised to provide links to those, and you can find those below the video.
And with that out of the way, enjoy the show!
Sponsored by CCW Safe
I’d also like to mention our sponsor, CCW Safe, a provider of legal membership services (what many mistakenly refer to as “self-defense insurance”). In effect, CCW Safe commits to covering your legal expenses if you’re involved in a use-of-force event, subject of course to their conditions of membership.
I’m a member of CCW Safe myself, as is my wife, and I encourage you to consider them as a means of ensuring you have the legal resources you need to win the legal fight if you’re ever involved in a use-of-force event. You can learn more about them by clicking the image or link below:
Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Live Online Class, Sat. July 25
If you like this content and would like a deeper understanding of how all the self-defense law stuff works, you’d be hard to find a better way to get that understanding, all in a single day, than our Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Live Online Class.
This is the equivalent of our full-day self-defense law class that we teach all over the country, the same class that’s been certified for Continuing Legal Education for lawyers in more than 30 states, but with all the legalese translated into English. And it’s all available at a ridiculously low price, and taught live by me, and streamed live to your computer, tablet, or even smartphone.
We only do three or four of these classes a year, and our next one is scheduled for Saturday, July 25, 2020.
CAUTION: We’re only doing TWO MORE of these classes in 2020! Don’t miss out!
BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE!
We have a calendar of our own and we’re well aware that this July 25 class is almost three months away–and we don’t want you to have to wait that long to learn what you need to learn to be well-positioned to win the legal, as well as the physical, fight.
So, if you sign up for the July 25, 2020 Live Online class NO LATER THAN MAY 31, we’ll provide you with online access to the recorded playback of our just completed April 25 Live Online Class, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. Because you’ll have access to that recorded playback of the April 25 class right up until the July 25 class itself, you can jump right into the content in replay form, then still join us for the live version on July 25.
BUT ONLY IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE JULY 25 CLASS NO LATER THAN MAY 31!
So don’t delay, click the image or link below NOW!
Georgia Statutes & Case Law Links
Here are those statute and case law links I promised:
Georgia’s citizens arrest statute:
§17-4-60 Grounds for arrest
Georgia’s felony burglary statute
Georgia case law qualifying home under construction for felony burglary:
Smith v. State, 226 Ga. App. 9 (GA Ct. App. 1997)
Georgia case law qualifying tool shed for felony burglary:
Mezick v. State, 291 Ga. App. 257 (GA Ct. App. 2008)
So, a quick recap of all our plugs before we wrap up:
- CCW Safe, my personal choice for what many people refer to as “self-defense insurance,” learn more at http://lawofselfdefense.com/ccwsafe, and save 10% on your membership with the discount code LOSD10.
- Don’t miss this great opportunity to join us for the July 25 Law of Self Defense LIVE ONLINE Class, and sign up no later than May 31 to get the FREE BONUS of online access to the replay recording of the just-completed April 25 Law of Self Defense LIVE ONLINE Class! (http://lawofselfdefense.com/liveonline)
- The FREE! 5 Elements of Self Defense Law Infographic, the absolutely necessary foundational information you need to have in order to understand self-defense law at all, at: http://lawofselfdefense.com/elements
- Law of Self Defense Membership, including our FREE! Bronze-level Membership, learn more here at: http://lawofselfdefense.com/join
- Calendar our weekly After Action Analysis Show: LIVE Every Wednesday 2PM ET, right here at the Law of Self Defense Facebook page at: http://facebook.com/lawofselfdefense
- Calendar our weekly Law of Self Defense News/Q&A Show: LIVE Every Thursday 2PM ET, right here at the Law of Self Defense Facebook page at: http://facebook.com/lawofselfdefense
You carry a gun so you’re hard to kill.
Know the law so you’re hard to convict!
Attorney Andrew F. Branca
Law of Self Defense LLC
Law of Self Defense CONSULT Program