This is where we share with you the content we plan to deliver over the course of the coming week.
COMING SOON: MEMBER-ONLY BONUS CONTENT:
“Use-of-Force re: Rioters, Looters, & Arsonists”
FREE Excited Delirium Webinar (not produced by LOSD):
FREE Ahmaud Arbery Legal Analysis & Coverage:
FREE George Floyd Legal Analysis & Coverage:
Cases of the Week Show: Tuesday, LIVE 2PM ET on Facebook, Replay on Law of Self Defense Blog
In this weekly show we review the ~50 use-of-force appellate court decisions (case law”) from around the country and selection 2 to 4 that are the most interesting and educational, then translate those into plain English so you can see how actual courts apply actual use-of-force law to actual people.
Cases selected for this week’s show will cover these and other issues:
- Legal doctrines of “sufficiency of the evidence” and “weight of the evidence”, very common basis for appeals in self-defense cases.
- Presumption of reasonable fear of imminent deadly force attack when facing a forcible and unlawful intruder into highly defensible property, in this case an occupied automobile.
- How is evidence of defendant’s poor health relevant to their claim of self-defense.
- How bare hands can qualify as deadly weapons, either offensive or defensive.
After Actin Analysis Show: Wednesday, LIVE 2PM ET on Facebook, Replay on Law of Self Defense Blog
In this weekly show we select one or more use-of-force events captured on video and do a plain English legal analysis of that event. Good shoot, or not good shoot? And why?
Videos selected for this week’s show include:
- Cop focused on suspect getting sucker punched from person in the crowd, implications for the George Floyd
- Police officer facing aggressive suspect armed with knife, again implications for the George Floyd case
News/Q&A Show: Thursday, LIVE 2PM ET on Facebook, Replay on Law of Self Defense Blog
Open ended, covers use-of-force news and answers questions from the live audience as well as questions sent in beforehand.
You can send questions to us at: email@example.com
Don’t forget to calendar these weekly shows, so you never miss one!
You carry a gun so you’re hard to kill.
Know the law so you’re hard to convict.
Attorney Andrew F. Branca
Law of Self Defense LLC