New Mexico Uniform Jury Instructions (Criminal)
NM 14-231. Involuntary manslaughter; essential elements.
For you to find the defendant guilty of involuntary manslaughter [as charged in Count ________],2 the state must prove to your satisfaction beyond a reasonable doubt each of the following elements of the crime:
- __________________ (name of defendant) ______________________________ (describe defendant’s act);
- ________________________ (name of defendant) should have known of the danger involved by ________________________’s (name of defendant) actions;
- ________________________ (name of defendant) acted with a willful disregard for the safety of others;
- ________________________’s (name of defendant) act caused the death of ________________________ (name of victim);
- This happened in New Mexico on or about the ________ day of ______________, ________.
. This instruction is used in all involuntary manslaughter prosecutions.
. Insert the count number if more than one count is charged.
[As amended, effective August 1, 1997.]