Law of Self Defense Seminars
THE NEXT LAW OF SELF DEFENSE SEMINARS:
Sig Sauer Academy, Epping, NH, Sunday, March 16, 2014
Register today to secure your spot!
Threat Dynamics, Tualatin, OR, Sunday, May 4, 2014
Register today to secure your spot!
RangeMaster, Memphis, TN, Saturday, July 12, 2014
Register today to secure your spot! Early registration only $125.
Chillicothe Firearms Training, Chillicothe, OH, Saturday, August 2, 2014
Register today to secure your spot! Early registration price is $120/person, increases as event date approaches.
3G Tactical, Tipp City, OH, Saturday, August 2, 2014
Register today to secure your spot! Early registration price is $130/person, increases as event date approaches.
Mad Duck Training, West Elkton, OH, Saturday, August 3, 2014
Register today to secure your spot! Early registration price is $100/person, increases to $120/person as event date approaches.
North West Florida Firearms Training, Pensacola, FL, Saturday, September 27, 2014
Register today to secure your spot! Early registration price is $100/person, increases as event date approaches.
Reviews of LOSD Seminars:
“Taking Andrew Branca’s Law of Self Defense Seminar would be not only a good idea, but an EXCELLENT idea. I’ve known him for many years. He’s one of my graduates, and more to the point, he’s an attorney who focuses on this kind of issue with a passion. I thought his reportage from the courtroom in the Zimmerman case (check www.legalinsurrection.com during the period of the trial) was the gold standard. By all means, take his course. I also recommend his new book, available through www.lawofselfdefense.com.”
–Massad Ayoob, Massad Ayoob Group
- “Andrew, please let me take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude for the EXCELLENT Law of Self Defense Seminar in West Columbia, South Carolina today. Your presentation was presented in a manner easily understood by all. Factual. Interesting and thought provoking. I highly recommend your book “The Law of Self Defense” to Concealed Carry Instructors and law abiding citizens of every walk of life. THANKS AGAIN.” — Jim Jones, Self-Defense CWP, Columbia, SC
- “The seminar was great and I am spreading the word. We will try again later to put another on soon.” –Stuart Amos, Semper Primus Firearms Training, Columbia, SC
- “Once again let me thank you for a seminar that greatly exceeded my high expectations!” — Dr. Patrick Nolan, PhD, University of South Carolina
- “Great seminar. I found that some who believe they understand, don’t.” — Mark Watterson, Culpeper, VA
- “Thanks for the seminar. It was very informative, glad I was able to attend.” — Jessica Peterson, Culpeper, VA
- “The LOSD seminar in Culpeper Virginia was a fantastic presentation of necessary material.” — TC, Culpeper, VA
- “I enjoyed your LOSD seminar yesterday, and learned a lot. Thanks very much!” — Michael T., Culpeper, VA
- “Really enjoyed the LOSD Seminar today. So much to think about!” — Stew Stephenson, Culpeper, VA
- “Just want to thank you for the informative LOSD seminar yesterday. It was enjoyable and a lot of valuable info.” — Paul Blackburn, Culpeper, VA
- “Excellent class in Culpeper today. The LOSD seminar is a must if you carry for self defense!” — David T., Culpeper, VA
- “Outstanding seminar – excellent education on a serious subject. Would appreciate a copy of the slides when you have a chance. That was indeed a fire hose.” — Tom Henderson [Note: Slides are always available to attendees upon request.]
- “Great seminar with @LawSelfDefense in VA today. Great content and well-presented. Recommended highly!” — Charles Wain, Culpeper, VA
- “Great seminar, well worth the 4 hour drive to Atlanta.” — Sam Shallenberger, Nashville, TN
- “Andrew, I thoroughly enjoyed your seminar and I am looking forward to reading your book.” — Avery B., Columbia, SC
- “We just finished two Law of Self Defense seminars that we hosted at our classroom. The seminars took you through all the LEGAL issues from before the self defense shooting to all the way through the aftermath. If you missed these seminars and are interested in all the legal issues revolving around a self defense shooting, you missed a great opportunity. We are already working on hosting this seminar for next fall.” — Barry & Sandy O’Neal, Northwest Florida Firearms Training, Pensacola, FL
- “Great LOSD Seminar today at Mad Duck Training, had a lot of great feedback on the seminar, hope we can bring LOSD back again” — John Farquhar, Mad Duck Training, West Elkton, OH
- “Andrew, thank you for a fantastic seminar that was focused not only on Law of Self Defense, but one that included state-specific information that is not easily found without access to a law library. I have already received a number of reviews from attendees and each have been positive and thoughtful. Please continue the valuable work you do and thank you for sharing it with us!” — Chris Bunner, GunEnvy/Charlie-Bravo-Six Training, Columbus, OH
- “Andrew, after the Law of Self Defense Seminar, my wife and I had a lot to talk about. We appreciated how you are able to take complex legal concepts and make them simple enough for a regular person to understand. As a police officer, I am very aware how quickly the wrong force decision can place everything you hold dear in jeopardy, I learned so much. My wife knew the complexities of being a CCW permit holder, but your seminar gave her a deeper understanding of knowing what to do before, during and after a force encounter. Thank you for helping us understand the complex laws more easily.” — Glen Evans, WarriorMen
- “I was sufficiently impressed with the LOSD Seminar, I emailed our NRA director of state & local relations (basically, the chief state lobbyist) and recommended your seminar as potentially useful background info for his lobbyists who are out in the statehouses and frequently deal with legislation that affects LOSD. I told him it might be worth setting up a seminar here at NRA. — Matthew B., National Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA
- “We really enjoyed the LOSD Seminar and it gave us a lot to think about.” — Linda T., West Elkton, OH
- “Excellent Course ! — Joe G., West Elkton, OH
- “Great seminar! Thanks to John for hosting and to Andrew for some great information! The time raced by! Andrew provided information found nowhere else.” — Tad S., West Elkton, OH
- “Great seminar. We got a lot out of it. Looking forward to reading the book.” — William M., West Elkton, OH
- “Excellent class!!” — Joe G., West Elkton, OH
- “Everyone I spoke to afterwards said the LOSD Seminar was eye opening. Someone even suggested that your book be ‘Required Reading’ if applying for concealed carry, and I agree. I suggest to everyone I know who owns a gun that they read your book.” — Scott K., Fairfax, VA
- “Your LOSD Seminar was very informative.” — David C., Fairfax, VA
- “The event was educational thank you for putting these on. The LOSD Seminar provides some of the most important information out there for gun owners.” — Peter B., Columbus, OH
- “Great information and we really enjoyed the seminar. Thank you for putting this information together in an easy to follow format! Will certainly suggest your book to attendees in our CCW classes.” — Becky F., Fairfax, VA
About LOSD Seminars:
The Law of Self-Defense Seminar provides a comprehensive fact- and law-based education on the law of self-defense, presented by a nationally recognized legal expert in the field. The Seminars are in-person and conducted by Attorney Andrew Branca.
This seminar is customized to the self-defense law of the state in which the seminar is held, and uses court cases, statutes, and jury instructions to illustrate how the law of self defense is actually applied by real courts to real people in real self-defense scenarios.
During the intensive 3-hour plus seminar will learn how to craft their own “legally-sound self-defense strategy” best-suited to meet their personal situations and priorities. Attorney Branca will also stay after the formal conclusion of the seminar to answer any individual questions not covered in the seminar itself, at no extra cost.
Participants will leave the seminar armed with the legal knowledge and analytical tools necessary to apply the law of self-defense in a practical and actionable way to self-defense situations that may arise in their daily lives.
All participants will receive a certificate of completion of the seminar. They will also have the option to obtain a copy of the presentation slides at no cost, as well as a discount code for purchase of a custom autographed print copy of “The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition.”
For more concrete details on the content of a Law of Self Defense Seminar, and what to expect in terms of content, check out our syllabus here:
Depending on the size of the group and the number of questions, the seminar/webinar tends to last about 3 hours, followed by an open-ended Q&A period–I do my best to make sure nobody leaves with any questions unanswered. Any questions that can’t be answered on the spot will be noted and a response sent to the entire group upon the issue being researched.
Andrew is in his third decade of practicing law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He is a nationally recognized expert on the law of self-defense, and has been quoted in this context by the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post, and many other mainstream media, including nationally syndicated broadcast media. Andrew began his competitive shooting activities as a youth, and today is a life member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and a Master class competitor in multiple divisions in the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA). Andrew has for many years been an NRA-certified firearms instructor in pistol, rifle, and personal protection, and is currently a guest instructor at the Sig Sauer Academy on the law of self-defense. He holds or has held concealed carry permits in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, Utah, and other states.
Law of Self Defense WEBINARS
Due to the high degree of interest we are receiving to the seminars–meeting the demand of which would require me to be traveling full-time–is scheduling a series of Law of Self Defense WEBINARS. These webinars are live-stream (NOT pre-recorded) and delivered over the internet to the convenience of your home (or wherever). The syllabus is identical to that of the in-person seminars, and participants text in questions and receive responses much as they would raise their hand in an in-person seminar. Every webinar participant is be sent a complimentary copy of the “The Law of Self-Defense” as part of their registration, early enough that they would have the book on hand as a state-specific reference during the webinar.
If you’re interested in learning how to register for a webinar, please let us know using the form below–be sure to check the little box that indicates webinar interest in particular.
Want More Information on Seminar Scheduling/Registration?
Seminars are being put together now – dates and times will be announced as they are solidified. If you would like more information on attending or hosting a seminar just fill out the easy form below:
I sincerely hope to meet you in person very soon…