Law of Self Defense Online, On-Demand Training
Normally $299.99, currently on sale: $249.99
“You carry a gun so you’re hard to kill.
Know the law so you’re hard to convict.”
LAWYERS: CLE ONLINE
ONLINE TRAINING CLASS SYLLABUS
Introduction (~25 minutes)
Laws & Legal Principles (~45 minutes)
Innocence (~25 minutes)
Imminence (~30 minutes)
Proportionality (~45 minutes)
Avoidance (~25 minutes)
Reasonableness (~30 minutes)
Defense of Others (~10 minutes)
Defense of Property (~20 minutes)
Consciousness of Guilt (~5 minutes)
Self-defense Immunity (~25 minutes)
Talking with the Police (~20 minutes)
Building a Legally-sound Self-defense Strategy (~25 minutes)
Was It Worth It? (~5 minutes)
Total time: ~5 1/2 hours.
“Not only a good idea, an EXCELLENT idea.”
Taking Andrew Branca’s Law of Self Defense Seminar would be not only a good idea, but an EXCELLENT idea. I’ve known him for many years. He’s one of my graduates, and more to the point, he’s an attorney who focuses on this kind of issue with a passion. I thought his reportage from the courtroom in the Zimmerman case (check www.legalinsurrection.com during the period of the trial) was the gold standard. By all means, take his course. I also recommend his new book, available through www.lawofselfdefense.com.”
–Massad Ayoob, Massad Ayoob Group
“Understanding what Andrew teaches can keep you out of jail.”
Having a gun when the police aren’t there to protect you can keep you alive, but understanding the material Andrew teaches can keep you out of jail to continue enjoying that life.
“A treasure-trove of useful information on when to use lethal force.”
The fact that you’re seeing me do a review on “The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition” should tell you something, because if I didn’t care about the book I would just say nothing. It is a treasure-trove of useful information on when to use lethal force. What Mr. Branca has done in this book is study the laws of all 50 states, and categorized them, and put charts in here so that you can look at what state you live in or what state you are going to visit and see what exactly the laws are pertaining to use of lethal force, pertaining to defense of others, pertaining to any number of factors in the realm of self-defense. The book is incredibly well thought-out and put together. It is in a very easy to understand format. Mr. Branca has done an amazing job of making this very, very readable. It is actually an enjoyable read, despite the fact that it’s talking about some pretty heavy material. If you carry a gun for self-defense I strongly recommend you pick up this book. It is easy to read, enjoyable to read, and incredibly valuable.
–Peter Burlingame, Self Defense Initiative
“The Law of Self Defense 2nd Ed. is phenomenal.”
— Brian D., Sergeant Major, US Army.
Don’t Delay: Get Your “Legal Body Armor” Today!
The Law of Self Defense Seminar ~5-hour-plus in-depth live event that instructs on the laws governing the use of force in defense of self, family, others, and property. Seminars are conducted live in-person by Attorney Andrew Branca, and are specific to the state in which they are held. Seminars are customized for each participants’ state-specific self-defense statutes, jury instructions, and court decisions for the participants (see below for details).
Build A Legally-Sound Self-Defense Strategy Customized for YOU
The value presented by the Law of Self Defense Seminar is considerable. Over the course of ~5 hours, and at a fraction of the cost of consulting one-on-one with a lawyer, you will learn how to build a legally-sound self-defense strategy by:
- Learning how to minimize your vulnerability to prosecution and civil suit.
- Preparing yourself to win BOTH the physical AND the legal battles.
- Learning not just the letter of the law but also how it’s actually applied actual courts and prosecutors to actual people.
- Knowing what a prosecutor MUST prove in order to defeat your self-defense claim.
- Learning key strategies for “armoring up” the most common legal vulnerabilities.
- Understanding the incredible legal risks of defending others, and the strict limits on defending property.
- Learning what “Stand-Your-Ground,” the “Castle Doctrine,” “Presumptions of Reasonableness” and “Self-defense Immunity” REALLY mean . . . and what they DO NOT mean.
- Knowing what to say to 911, to the first responders, and to the investigative officers (pro-tip: each interaction is VERY different).
Live, In-Person Seminars: Choose What Fits Your Schedule
We conduct live, in-person Law of Self Defense Seminars all over the country. Our current schedule is listed below. Simply choose the location and date that best suits you.
If you would like to host a Law of Self Defense Seminar in your area, it’s easy, and there is absolutely no cost to the host at all. For more information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Training Access: ON-DEMAND
Within hours after registering for online training you will be sent a Online Training Access email from Law of Self Defense providing access privileges and instructions for logging onto your state-specific Law of Self Defense Online Training from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Your access is valid for 6 months. Read more important details about these on-demand Law of Self Defense Online Training below.
ONLINE, ON-DEMAND TRAINING
CLE ONLINE: We currently have online CLE training available immediately for COLORADO.
Online training courses are currently discount priced at $249.99 for 6 month license (normally $299.99).
We have another 9 states in the last stages of production that we will be rolling out over the next few weeks, including:
Importantly, although each online training is customized to a particular state, nevertheless about 80% of the online training is the same from state to state–just the specific statutes, jury instructions, and court decisions vary form from one state to another.
While these differences ARE important, it nevertheless means you can begin learning that 80% of commonly shared material among the online training TODAY, no matter which state you start with.
And that 80% is also really important, and can tremendously minimize your vulnerability to prosecution even before getting to state-specific laws. What kinds of things prosecutors look for in an investigative report, for example, that encourages them to bring you to trial for prosecution. And, conversely, concrete, actionable steps and behaviors you can build into your personal self-defense strategy to make yourself a much less attractive target to prosecutors (and even to criminal predators in the first place).
Why delay learning that vitally important information and insight for even a few more weeks? What if it turns out you need that critical knowledge sooner rather than later?
So, for those interested in states that haven’t yet quite been launched, but will be soon–you can place your order for the state of your preference, and we’ll give you IMMEDIATE access to your choice of the Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, or Virginia online training. When your preferred state is launched, we’ll let you know and switch you over automatically.
YOUR 6 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT BEGIN COUNTING DOWN UNTIL YOU RECEIVE ACCESS TO YOUR PREFERRED STATE.
Online training courses are currently discount priced at $249.99 (normally $299.99).
Reviews of LOSD Books, Online Training & Live Seminars:
“Not only a good idea, an EXCELLENT idea.” Taking Andrew Branca’s Law of Self Defense Seminar would be not only a good idea, but an EXCELLENT idea. I’ve known him for many years. He’s one of my graduates, and more to the point, he’s an attorney who focuses on this kind of issue with a passion. I thought his reportage from the courtroom in the Zimmerman case (check www.legalinsurrection.com during the period of the trial) was the gold standard. By all means, take his course. I also recommend his new book, available through www.lawofselfdefense.com.”
–Massad Ayoob, Massad Ayoob Group
“If you carry a gun for your personal security you need to read this book.” It has been my experience that most citizen shooters–and some cops, for that matter-really do not understand the proper application of deadly force and what to expect. Recently, I finished reading a book recommended by an FBI Agent friend of mine as being straightforward, useful, and not overly complex. The Law of Self Defense: An Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen by Andrew Branca is likely the best book I have ever read on the subject. No, it won’t make you a legal scholar, but you will have a much better understanding of the legalities of using any level of force. Branca, an attorney, covers legal subjects such as innocence, imminence, proportionality, avoidance, defense of others, defense of property, and crafting a legal strategy, but in my opinion his best chapter is the one on reasonableness. I thought I had a good handle on what many refer to as the “reasonableness doctrine,” but after reading this book, I now realize my viewpoint was a bit simplistic. If you carry a gun for your personal security, whether as a sworn officer or armed citizen, you need to read this book. Think that just because you are in uniform your agency will back your actions? You might want to think again.
–Dave Spaulding, Handgun Combatives
“An Excellent Investment” I found the book[The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition] very useful and informative, but I found the seminar to be even more so. Partially because of the very specific, knowledgeable discussion of the law in my area, and also because of seeing the impact the presentation was having on the other students. There were moments during the presentation when you could feel the air getting sucked out of the room as Andrew laid out some unpleasant truths about interaction with the legal system. This was obviously new information to many in the room and the looks on their faces told the story of preconceived notions being blown to kingdom come.
–Tim (@TCinVA), Gun Nuts Media
- The seminar was great, probably the most concise but thorough course I’ve attended on the topic (I’m a MAG [Massad Ayoob Group] 40 graduate by the way). It was definitely worth every penny and an afternoon of my weekend – and that is even after reading the book. — Reed Martz, Attorney, Memphis, TN
- “I always advocate more information/education for anyone planning on conceal carrying.Andrew’s class would fill that legal niche well and was very informative; having gone to both Massad Ayoob’s MAG20C and this, I can safely say at this point that although each class can have materials that may overlap, these classes, while being able to stand on it’s own, would be complementary with each other. A big thanks to Andrew for coming to Chicago, and another big thanks to Lawson Handgun Institute for hosting this!” — Chad N., Chicago, IL
- “I was able to attend the LOSD seminar and it was simply outstanding. Anyone that has a concealed carry license should make every effort to attend this seminar and study the material in Andrew’s book. Andrew really took the time to research and present an Illinois specific seminar to emphasize what you really need to know about Self-Defense law in Illinois. Andrew also presented the material in a thoughtful, well organized manner, and used examples and concepts that everyone could understand; making the complex legalese of the 720 ILCS 5/7-1 and Illinois case law comprehensible. Very pleased with the seminar and highly recommend it. The Lawson Handgun Institute also was a wonderful host” — Oliver C., Chicago, IL
- “The seminar was extremely valuable to us. Everyone who carries a gun should be in this seminar, it can save you a lot of problems later. ” — Bill L., Chillicothe, OH
- “Thanks again for a great seminar. It was the best CLE I’ve ever taken.” — Attorney Karen H., Charlotte, NC
- “The seminar was very informative and worthwhile! A big THANKS to Andrew Branca, and also to Lawson Handgun Institute for hosting the event.” — DjachDjach, Chicago, IL
- “Great class today! You hit on some really key points that are important and noteworthy.” — Mark J., Epping, NH (Sig Sauer Academy)
- “I thought the class was excellent!” — Patrick W., Epping, NH (Sig Sauer Academy)
- “Excellent seminar last Sunday. Your knowledge is absolutely invaluable. My wife and I were very impressed. ” — David V., Epping, NH (Sig Sauer Academy)
- “Hey Andrew, great class today…thank you. I am buying a second copy of your book for my (future) son-in-law.” — Warren P., Epping, NH (Sig Sauer Academy)
- “Andrew, please let me take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude for the EXCELLENT Law of Self Defense Seminar in West Columbia, South Carolina today. Your presentation was presented in a manner easily understood by all. Factual. Interesting and thought provoking. I highly recommend your book “The Law of Self Defense” to Concealed Carry Instructors and law abiding citizens of every walk of life. THANKS AGAIN.” — Jim Jones, Self-Defense CWP, Columbia, SC
- “The seminar was great and I am spreading the word. We will try again later to put another on soon.” –Stuart Amos, Semper Primus Firearms Training, Columbia, SC
- “Once again let me thank you for a seminar that greatly exceeded my high expectations!” — Dr. Patrick Nolan, PhD, University of South Carolina
- “Great seminar. I found that some who believe they understand, don’t.” — Mark Watterson, Culpeper, VA
- “Thanks for the seminar. It was very informative, glad I was able to attend.” — Jessica Peterson, Culpeper, VA
- “The LOSD seminar in Culpeper Virginia was a fantastic presentation of necessary material.” — TC, Culpeper, VA
- “I enjoyed your LOSD seminar yesterday, and learned a lot. Thanks very much!” — Michael T., Culpeper, VA
- “Really enjoyed the LOSD Seminar today. So much to think about!” — Stew Stephenson, Culpeper, VA
- “Just want to thank you for the informative LOSD seminar yesterday. It was enjoyable and a lot of valuable info.” — Paul Blackburn, Culpeper, VA
- “Excellent class in Culpeper today. The LOSD seminar is a must if you carry for self defense!” — David T., Culpeper, VA
- “Outstanding seminar – excellent education on a serious subject. Would appreciate a copy of the slides when you have a chance. That was indeed a fire hose.” — Tom Henderson [Note: Slides are always available to attendees upon request.]
- “Great seminar with @LawSelfDefense in VA today. Great content and well-presented. Recommended highly!” — Charles Wain, Culpeper, VA
- “Great seminar, well worth the 4 hour drive to Atlanta.” — Sam Shallenberger, Nashville, TN
- “Andrew, I thoroughly enjoyed your seminar and I am looking forward to reading your book.” — Avery B., Columbia, SC
- “We just finished two Law of Self Defense seminars that we hosted at our classroom. The seminars took you through all the LEGAL issues from before the self defense shooting to all the way through the aftermath. If you missed these seminars and are interested in all the legal issues revolving around a self defense shooting, you missed a great opportunity. We are already working on hosting this seminar for next fall.” — Barry & Sandy O’Neal, Northwest Florida Firearms Training, Pensacola, FL
- “Great LOSD Seminar today at Mad Duck Training, had a lot of great feedback on the seminar, hope we can bring LOSD back again” — John Farquhar, Mad Duck Training, West Elkton, OH
- “Andrew, thank you for a fantastic seminar that was focused not only on Law of Self Defense, but one that included state-specific information that is not easily found without access to a law library. I have already received a number of reviews from attendees and each have been positive and thoughtful. Please continue the valuable work you do and thank you for sharing it with us!” — Chris Bunner, GunEnvy/Charlie-Bravo-Six Training, Columbus, OH
- “Andrew, after the Law of Self Defense Seminar, my wife and I had a lot to talk about. We appreciated how you are able to take complex legal concepts and make them simple enough for a regular person to understand. As a police officer, I am very aware how quickly the wrong force decision can place everything you hold dear in jeopardy, I learned so much. My wife knew the complexities of being a CCW permit holder, but your seminar gave her a deeper understanding of knowing what to do before, during and after a force encounter. Thank you for helping us understand the complex laws more easily.” — Glen Evans, WarriorMen
- “I was sufficiently impressed with the LOSD Seminar, I emailed our NRA director of state & local relations (basically, the chief state lobbyist) and recommended your seminar as potentially useful background info for his lobbyists who are out in the statehouses and frequently deal with legislation that affects LOSD. I told him it might be worth setting up a seminar here at NRA. — Matthew B., National Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA
- “We really enjoyed the LOSD Seminar and it gave us a lot to think about.” — Linda T., West Elkton, OH
- “Excellent Course ! — Joe G., West Elkton, OH
- “Great seminar! Thanks to John for hosting and to Andrew for some great information! The time raced by! Andrew provided information found nowhere else.” — Tad S., West Elkton, OH
- “Great seminar. We got a lot out of it. Looking forward to reading the book.” — William M., West Elkton, OH
- “Excellent class!!” — Joe G., West Elkton, OH
- “Everyone I spoke to afterwards said the LOSD Seminar was eye opening. Someone even suggested that your book be ‘Required Reading’ if applying for concealed carry, and I agree. I suggest to everyone I know who owns a gun that they read your book.” — Scott K., Fairfax, VA
- “Your LOSD Seminar was very informative.” — David C., Fairfax, VA
- “The event was educational thank you for putting these on. The LOSD Seminar provides some of the most important information out there for gun owners.” — Peter B., Columbus, OH
- “Great information and we really enjoyed the seminar. Thank you for putting this information together in an easy to follow format! Will certainly suggest your book to attendees in our CCW classes.” — Becky F., Fairfax, VA
LOSD Online Training/Live Seminars: Sample Syllabus
For more concrete details on the content of a Law of Self Defense Seminar, and what to expect in terms of content, check out our syllabus here: Andrew is in his third decade of practicing law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He is a nationally recognized expert on the law of self-defense, and has been quoted in this context by the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post, and many other mainstream media, including nationally syndicated broadcast media. Andrew began his competitive shooting activities as a youth, and today is a life member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and a Master class competitor in multiple divisions in the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA). Andrew has for many years been an NRA-certified firearms instructor in pistol, rifle, and personal protection, and is currently a guest instructor at the Sig Sauer Academy on the law of self-defense. He holds or has held concealed carry permits in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, Utah, and other states.
Want More Information on Seminar Scheduling/Registration?
Seminars are being put together now – dates and times will be announced as they are solidified. If you would like more information on attending or hosting a seminar just fill out the easy form below:
I sincerely hope to meet you in person very soon… Best regards, –Andrew, @LawSelfDefense